Saturday, May 7, 2011

Semi-Consciousness and More Organization

I got to stay in bed until 8:00 this morning, but since the Toddler woke up at 6:30 and J didn’t come to get him until 7:00, when he started actively crying (I was in and out of sleep because he was playing in his crib), and then J woke me up to ask me where the off-brand Special K was at 7:30, I effectively woke up around 6:45, so I didn’t get as much sleep as it seems like I did.  I hope I can take a nap this afternoon after J wakes up so I can play game tonight.  I can’t wait.  I hope W and A show up.

Yesterday ended up being not so great.  I was so frustrated by the kitchen that there was a lot of shouting about why the pot lids were in the bread box and yelling at Sunshine, who kept coming in and getting in my way and spilling the trash bags.  However, all the mugs are put away properly, as are all the drinking glasses, probably 90% of the spices are on the spice shelf, the dishes are put away correctly, everything that is in the bread box actually belongs in the bread box, and all the pot lids and baking stuff and tupperware are put away.  Also, I organized the food cupboard and put the rest of the food in bags on the floor away.  There’s about a load and a half of dishes just sitting in the sink and on the counters right now, which I also find incredibly frustrating, because what I consider to be a load and a half gets turned into three or four loads for Girl Child, which is why the dishes are still not done.  I’m not sure how she has managed that.  Anyway, if I feel less exhausted later, I’m going to hunt up the good kitchen gloves and work on the dishes, because I’m just sick of this.

Girl Child is at her great-grandmother’s right now, so it’s particularly quiet this morning.  The Toddler is being unusually silent, watching Sprout, and S is so tired all she can do is read.  What a bunch we are.

I wound up hanging out with M for a little bit last night, which was a surprise, because I don’t often spend time with him in an effort to make him be not uncomfortable.  He was getting ready to leave for work and was dismantling a broken clothes rack, so I helped with that and carrying it out to his car.  Also, I turned a box into a hat.  Anyway, he thinks I should play Minecraft, but I’m not sure I’d be very good at it.  I’ll give it a try, but no promises.  What’s funny is that I actually went downstairs to switch over the laundry and work on another of the 8,000 loads that need to be washed, and we got to talking and I forgot about the laundry, and then J and S were home with Steak ‘n Shake, so I just never went back down.

We were going to play S’s epic-level game that she’s running for J and me, but S and I were too tired to play, and I ended up admitting defeat at about 10:30 or so and going to lay down in the bedroom, where I listened to the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix audiobook for awhile and then passed out.

It smells really good outside.  I freaking love spring.

I haven’t been conscious long enough (or had any coffee yet), so I actually have no mood other than being not quite awake yet.  The only reason I sound as coherent as I do is because I’m a better writer than a speaker.  I was going to write something else, but some asshole on a bicycle just swerved in front of a garbage truck, and I have discovered that garbage trucks have very loud horns, especially when they’re directly next to the open window right next to your ear.

Anyway, due to the bracing horn blasts, I’m all kinds of energized (or at least I got a blast of adrenaline), so I may get something done once everything stops hurting.  I need coffee.  I’m going to go, drink coffee, mess around for awhile, and then do some stuff around the house, like cleaning up the living room... or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment