Sunday, May 8, 2011

Procrastination and File Transfers

I’m really not very good at following through with my plans.

Remember all that stuff about getting something done today?  Well, I must be the Queen of Accomplishing Nothing, because that’s pretty much what I did.  Well, I helped S get the living room cleaned up a bit and there was some play with the Toddler, and I “made” the corn for dinner tonight (I threw a bag of frozen corn into a bowl, added butter, and microwaved it), but I haven’t done much else.  I even had a nap for awhile because I was exhausted.  Honestly, if I could sleep 12 hours a day, it would be so awesome.

Anyway, I am currently writing this from the laptop I was using before the screen gave out.  J fixed it up for me.  He removed the screen, which involved completely destroying it, set up the wireless antenna so I could have internet without stretching still another ethernet cable across the living room (the antenna is taped across the chasm that once held the screen), and set it up with new drivers for the monitor so I could have a decent screen resolution.  Other than the cables completely taking over this side of the couch, it’s not bad.  My only real problem is that this keyboard is half broken, so it takes me longer to type on this computer than it does to use J’s, but at least I have the ability to use the internet when he’s here again, which I have sorely missed.  I’m going to take pictures of this amalgam soonish and post them to There I Fixed It, which is a site on the Cheezburger Network, for those not in the know.

I need to mop the kitchen soon, I don’t think J is going to do it, and there’s glass all over the floor.  I’m going to see if wet paper towels do the trick first, though, because I hate mopping.  (There was an unfortunate incident with an ashtray.)

Unfortunately, we are NOT having game tonight, because W and A are still moving into their new apartment and getting everything unpacked and put away.  But yay, they’ll only be living about 5 minutes away, so it’ll probably be easier overall to game from now on, because they won’t have to worry as much about gas and the driving time.  I’m rather disappointed that we can’t play tonight, but it’s so novel to be able to have the internet on a day when J doesn’t work that I don’t mind too much.

J also is fixing my external hard drive for me.  Well, he’s fixing it by doing a virus scan on it and moving all the files onto his computer because it’s become very temperamental and I haven’t actually been able to access anything for about a month or so.  This is very bad, because it has literally all of my files on it, and I don’t have back-ups due to that whole being broke thing.

There was talk earlier of moving to Texas, but I think that got cancelled because we want to keep M and he has to stay in Kansas for a little bit longer.  At first, I was horrified when I heard J and S talking about it, because I assumed they’d want to leave me here, but they’re planning to keep me!  Yay!!  I wish they were actual, “real” family, but they’re my family anyway, and I love them so much, and I’m so glad I get to be with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment