Sunday, May 8, 2011

Drivel, Coffee Mud, and iTunes

That nap I had yesterday resulted in me ending up with almost no sleep at all once I went to bed because S didn't go to bed until around 2:00, so I didn't fall asleep until probably 2:30, then was woken up by J when M came home (they were trying to make the dogs stop barking, and J was shouting), which was around 5:00 this morning.  Then my alarm went off at 7:00, but I ended up staying asleep until nearly 7:30, when I started getting worried about why I couldn't hear the Toddler, until I realized J had turned off the baby monitor when he went to bed. 

The Toddler was fine, though, happily playing in his crib, so I went downstairs to chat with M for a bit before I needed to retrieve the kiddo, and by the time I got upstairs, S was up and the Toddler was doing something involving his diaper that I won't mention here, but it was not a fun way to start the morning, I'll tell you now.

Anyway, S has been falling asleep on the couch off and on since about 8:00, so I made epically strong coffee.  The expression on her face when she tasted it was priceless.  I had to bring her more sugar and creamer.  This coffee is Jim-or-Davee-at-Micro-Center-strong, which means it's sentient.  It's a little stronger than I intended to make it, but at least we'll have some semblance of brain function once the caffeine hits our blood streams.

My hair is getting really long, I'm thrilled.  It's about as long as it was at the end of 2009, and considering how short I cut it last summer, that's definitely an improvement.  My intention is to let it grow as long as possible, but keep it just above the length where I could sit on it.  Then I will completely defeat the purpose of having long hair and wear it up all the time.  It's starting to thicken up a little bit, too, now that I'm not using Herbal Essences and have quit dyeing it, it's getting to be really healthy.

I'm going to spend some time (read: all of my time) today organizing my mp3s, since I now have the ability to access my files.  Speaking of files, I had a look at the file transfer on J's computer for my external, and I have over 45,000 files.  I had no idea, that's crazy.  I need to go through all of those and delete the duplicates (I know for a fact I have a lot of duplicates), and sort them into something resembling an orderly fashion.  I'm also going to clean up my iTunes and resync my iPod finally (I haven't been able to sync it since February!), and then life will just be awesome and stuff.  Or at least my music library will be updated.

S (Captain Gimpy) seems to be doing a bit better.  Sometimes I think she overdoes it a bit trying to continue to be independent, but I've been letting her because it bugs her when I try to do everything for her.  I'm just worried about her and don't want her foot to end up needing surgery or never healing.  I want her to be able to walk without crutches with good reliability, and to be able to do this with a minimum of pain.  I'm afraid if she does too much on her feet so soon after the injury that she'll never heal, but I don't know how to help without annoying the crap out of her. 

Anyway, I'm quickly drifting into incoherence.  I can't quite manage to stay on one subject for long this morning.  My single focus is my music right now.  And getting access to my photos from 2010 and the beginning of this year so I can add some to my Facebook, S told me ages ago that I could go crazy, but that's when I discovered that my external is very temperamental, so I'm very behind on uploading pictures.  I'm feeling very tangential this morning, so hopefully I'll be able to post a more coherent update later today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment