Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Conversations and Crochet

Today, J asked me to make sure he has a clean pair of jeans, because he’s completely out of clean pairs, and since I’m the only able-bodied person who will be awake during the day, it falls to me to do it.  I said to him, “How do you manage to run out of jeans, anyway?  You own more pairs than anyone else I’ve ever known.”  He said, “I don’t know.. they just.. end up in... places.”  Then, of course, he got laughed at.  I don't even know what that means!

So, anyway, I’ll be doing some laundry today, which was the plan anyway, so I’ll just make sure a pair of J’s jeans get washed.  And hopefully not mix them up with Girl Child’s, which has happened before.

J and S let me sleep until 9:00, which was completely awesome of them.  I love them.

Yesterday when Girl Child came home from school, she showed off her grade for her Japan report, which was a 99/100, and she was all disappointed about it because the only reason she didn’t get a perfect score was because she put one of the parts of her report in the wrong place.  Anyway, J and S were rightfully impressed with her grade, and then the following conversation took place:

S: “Girl Child, you deserve a reward or something for that.  I just don’t know what.”  (Obviously Girl Child’s actual name was used, we don’t call her that in real life.)

Me: “We could... throw confetti at her and sing a song?”

S: *rolls up a straw wrapper, throws it at Girl Child, and makes a tootling horn noise through her hand*

We are awesomely crazy.  I love living here so much.  Even when my preferred breakfast condiments disappear completely.

I decided a few days ago that I was going to turn the bedspread project for when I was going to get married into an afghan.  Since, y’know, I’m not getting married anymore.  Anyway, I've got about half the squares I need, and am going to have to buy four more skeins of yarn so I can finish it, but I finally picked a square design I like after dozens of attempts over the last few days.  I did it in Paint.  Here's a picture:


These colors are very close to the yarn colors I'm using.


Anyway, there’s not a whole lot happening right now, I think we might be going to Starbucks in a little bit, though, but that’s not terribly exciting or interesting.  There's just not a whole lot going on right now, which is kind of nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment