Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Record-Setting Heat and Body Canvases

I did not get nearly enough sleep last night, and it showed.  I was baby-sitting the Toddler earlier because S had to pick Girl Child up from the relative's house, and the only thing that kept me from falling asleep was writing my last post on paper and sheer force of will.  I was going to go take a nap/sleep until tomorrow after the Toddler woke up from his nap, but by that point, I'd gained a second wind.

I haven't gone outside during the day in about three days or so - it's been too hot.  Today's official high was 109, which was record-shattering.  Seriously, that record is smithereens, shreds, nuked.

I'm never going outside again.  Oh my god.

Today, S and I became human canvases for each other - lots of doodling.  I also had her draw the sign of the Deathly Hallows on my back in about the spot I'm planning on getting it tattooed, and she reproduced the Chinese symbols for Serenity (the Firefly) on my right inner arm, so I can get an idea of how exactly I want them when I get those tattooed on me.  The rest is just a jumble of insanity.  Also, I can't draw an ankh to save my life.  S wrote "Trololololo" on my foot, for instance.  She has it on her arm.  There are leaves, misshapen lips, aliens, insults, derpy faces, and just all sorts of stuff.  My left arm is covered in Harry Potter scars.  S got a lot less of the "artistic" outpouring because I mostly drew on myself, but I wrote "Accio Brain!" on her leg and some stuff backwards and upside down.

At the moment, I'm watching Prisoner of Azkaban, but once I finish this post, I'm going to bed.

This is what S drew on my arm.
... And these are the original symbols.
 *squee*

No comments:

Post a Comment