Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm Boring as Hell

I meant to write a post yesterday, but I ended up not bothering.  I'm fine.  The bites are still there, but the swelling has gone down significantly and I'm no longer in any pain at all.  Well, now that I'm thinking about it, I recognize that my elbow still hurts, but I'm no longer in agony like I was the last time I posted.  I didn't need to go to the hospital, either.

It's been pretty uneventful around here the last couple of days.  Nothing of note has happened.  I took some cute pictures of the Toddler, and I tried to get pictures of Girl Child for S because she wants them, but Girl Child was very obnoxiously refusing to allow me to photograph her, even going so far as to nearly smack my camera out of my hand when she tried to stick her hand in front of the lens.  Less than six months ago, she loved having her picture taken.  Honestly, she was probably being contrary just for the sake of being contrary.

I have links to write about, but I'm going to do it this afternoon when I don't feel like I'm going to fall asleep any second.

S just announced to the living room at large that WarGames is being remade.  Really?  How on earth does that make sense?  I think all the creativity that used to exist with movies got used up at some point, so they're just doing remakes of everything now.  This is why I don't bother going to the movies anymore except for the Harry Potter films.  (Speaking of which, we really need to go see the last one before it leaves theaters, I'll be devastated if I don't get to see it in theaters.)  I don't want to waste money on something I'm more likely than not to hate.  I just looked at movies that are in theaters right now on Fandango, and the only one that looked vaguely interesting was Cowboys & Aliens, and I'm not excited enough about it to bother seeing it until it comes out on DVD.

I finished the book I was reading last night.  It was Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts, which I've been waiting to read for about six months.  It was pretty good, but fairly predictable for her stand-alone stories, which usually all follow the same formula.  At least they have a plot, though, which I think is pretty good for the romance genre.  The first sex scene wasn't until almost 200 pages in.

Honestly, I just don't have anything interesting to write about.  McDonald's coffee is disgusting, I'm wearing a drink carrier on my head, and I have laundry to fold and wash.  This is pretty much my whole day.  But yay for some form of caffeine that isn't nasty Mountain Dew.

No comments:

Post a Comment