Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dog Baths and Head Injuries

Today has been extraordinarily boring.  Seriously, I've completely run out of internet.  S made an interesting dinner that she pulled out of her ass that's sort of modified chicken pot pie.  She made a ridiculous amount of it, too, so we're going to be eating it forever.  It was actually pretty tasty, even if it did have peas in it.  I hate peas, but I ate them anyway, because vegetables are important!

S and I are currently conspiring against the dogs to get them bathed tonight so they stop being such itchy puppies.  I think we have to clean up the floor and vacuum and Febreeze first, but then we're dragging each dog into the bathroom and making them suffer the indignity of a bath.  If S feels good enough, she's been in a lot of pain lately, poor thing.  We're going to have to break out the crutches again soon and make her use them so her foot will finish healing already.

I am easily entertained.  S and I just sat here making faces at each other for a minute or two.

The Toddler was a terror today.  I was watching him for awhile this afternoon, and it wasn't pretty.  I got his toy hammer for him, and he decided to hit me with it and wouldn't stop when I told him to stop, so I took it away.  I was going to leave it at that, but then he started screaming and hitting me, so he got a time-out for that, which was punctuated by attempted head-butting and more screaming and struggling.  Then, when I put the hammer on the bookshelf to take it from him for the afternoon (because of the hitting and screaming behavior when I took it away for hitting me with it), he started screaming and crying again and threw his cup across the room, so he got another time-out for that.  This was in the space of five minutes.  I also got my face crawled on today, but it was while we were playing, so I don't count those injuries as much.

I've gotten a lot of laundry done today, and should be almost done by tomorrow if I don't burn out again.  I definitely need to get to folding, which I'm going to try to get done pretty quick here before we clean the living room and bathe the dogs.

Today, Girl Child got PJ pants in her size that are the same pattern as the ones I just got, because S promised she'd get them for her this week.  It's a good thing I remembered, because there were only two pairs of those pants left at Wal-Mart, and only one was in Girl Child's size.  She was thrilled, though.  Of course, this will lead to lots and lots of mix-ups, just like with the lemon shirts.  Maybe less so, because it'll be ridiculously obvious that the pants don't fit if she accidentally steals mine.

Uh.. other stuff that happened today... Well, the Toddler fell on his head while we were at Wal-Mart.  He was really excited and running in the aisle we were in and ran right past S and around a corner, tripped over his own feet, and fell on his head so hard the floor reverberated.  He was very unhappy about that.  He also peeled a scab off his eyebrow and made the spot bleed all over again.  (The scab was from when he used his face to go down the stairs on the playground when we went to take storm pictures last weekend.)  The whole area is swollen all over again, poor baby.

I haven't really had the opportunity to play Final Fantasy X in about a week.  I've either been too tired or the Toddler has been around, and it's difficult to actually play when he's up because of constantly having to stop him from getting into stuff he shouldn't.  Plus, there's all that laundry.

So, basically, nothing interesting happened today.  There's a cricket somewhere in the house making way too much noise.  I hate crickets.  I'm also scared of them because of the jumping thing.  I just told it to die and it stopped chirping momentarily.

Today I decided I'm going to apply for a job at the Sara Lee plant.  I hope I get it.  At least it'll be a job, and if I manage to keep all my body parts and stuff, maybe I can find a job closer to home or something, unless it pays ridiculously well.

I have one link to share, so it's not exactly a link round-up.  Cracked has an article about things that stopped people from committing suicide, and it was actually really cool.  It was pretty sappy, too, but I like sappy.  I almost cried on the last one.  You should definitely go read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment