Sunday, August 14, 2011

Broken Computer Redux and Other Crap

I had to switch computers yesterday morning.  The power switch stopped working on the one I've been using, so I'm back to the stupid Frankenstein computer.  I'm really frustrated - I've got a lot of stuff on there already that I don't have anywhere else, and my bookmarks on this computer are not updated to reflect the bookmarks on the other computer.  I guess this is what happens when I shut the computer down.  FML.

I slept most of the day yesterday because I woke up feeling awful.  I'm sucking today, too, but that's mostly because of the events of last night - there was a giant incident with Girl Child late last night after S went to bed and after I got the Toddler back in bed.  S won't want me to write too specifically about it, so I won't go into detail, but there was a lot of yelling and she's lucky that the police weren't called on her by the neighbors.  Also, as awesome as M is, he only made things worse by getting involved.  Let's just leave it with last night was very frustrating and stupid over something very simple, but I'm very proud of how J handled it when he got home from work this morning - he handled it beautifully.

But, partly because of last night, I only got about three hours of sleep, so I'm probably going to end up going back to bed soon.  Once I get actually sleepy, because I'm not feeling sleepy at all right now.

Before everything went all stupid last night, S and I watched a few episodes of The Joy of Painting, which causes hilarity to ensue rather often, because Bob Ross is kind of unintentionally hilarious sometimes.  I also made pudding from scratch last night and discovered that the recipe I used called for way more cornstarch than was necessary.  It tasted okay, but it was so thick and gelatinous that you could have rolled it into a ball and bounced it off the floor, so the texture was rather awful.  I actually dropped some on my shirt and it didn't even stick or stain or anything.  Yep.  Definitely way too much cornstarch.

My hair looks freaking terrific right now.  I am so never, ever using commercial shampoo and conditioner again.  I love the hell out of my hair right now.  I got a wide-tooth comb the other day to use in the shower, and it distributed the apple cider vinegar through my hair very nicely, and everything is all soft and perfect.

Anyway, I have a couple pictures to share.  I'd have links, too, but without my bookmarks from the other computer, I don't have any of them available and will have to collect others later today.

This is my awesome lemon shirt.  Girl Child has the same shirt in her size.  This leads to confusion on her part.

I discovered I was followed into the bedroom when I was taking the picture of my shirt, and found the Toddler, who had climbed on the bin of his spare toys and was just sitting there.  Yes, his face is hidden on purpose.

This is the Toddler.

I just ate a pile of bacon, so this morning just got transferred to the best morning ever.  Because bacon does that.  I love bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment