Monday, August 22, 2011

Laundry and Linkage

Today's been an okay kind of day.  I spent a good bit of time just sitting around, being tired.  J stayed up really, really late, so he was around for awhile.

I reorganized Girl Child's entire dresser today so everything will fit better, and I think I'm going to have to start putting her clothes away for her so things stay organized.  I don't think she'll particularly mind, except if she wants a specific shirt.  She and S are actually planning on going through her clothes this weekend and sorting out what doesn't fit and what she hates, so it will definitely be easier for her to get to her clothes after that.

I also lost my mind and decided to sort the laundry that still needs to be washed - I've caught up enough that there aren't a million loads of it anymore, so I'm finally able to wash the loads by type and color, and I've only got about eight or nine loads downstairs now.  Of course, the household generates almost a load of laundry a day, so that won't last long, but I feel pretty accomplished about what I have done so far.

I've started biting my nails again, and I'm not very happy about that.  I was doing great for awhile, and I'm not sure what happened.  Hopefully I'll be able to stop again soon.

E talked me into creating a PayPal account today, and then sent me $25 as a "very very late birthday present".  She's really wonderful, I love her to death.  She's finally starting to work on getting divorced, too.  God, I wish she'd just told me before the wedding, because it would have been so much easier on them both, not having all this time to tear each other apart.  I guess I can't really focus on that regret, and neither can she.  I worry about her, though.  I can't imagine how poisonous her current home environment must be, and I really wish she'd just hurry up and move out.

Anyway, there's not really anything else to say.  Girl Child is currently doing the dishes, and once she's done, I'll be able to start the load of laundry that's in the washing machine, I have a small load of jeans to fold, and I'm really tempted to go on the hunt for more dirty laundry.  My life really does currently revolve around laundry, but at least if I maintain the system that I've set up downstairs, I'll suffer a lot less irritation, and probably be able to find clothing regardless of whether it's been folded yet or not.

So, on a less boring note, I have links to post about.  I've been gathering them for two days.

Link Round-Up

Some idiot thinks that carrying babies facing forward or in forward facing strollers will damage their brains or frighten them more than necessary, saying that parents unnecessarily traumatize their infants every day.  I can't believe this for a second, because every baby I've known has preferred to be facing forward, regardless of whether I was the one holding him or if it was his mother.  (Every single baby I've ever taken care of has been a boy - my current count of children I've baby-sat is up to six, every single one of them were boys who were in diapers at the time.  Half of them still are in diapers, actually.)  Anyway, I've never seen a baby who was fearful about being in a forward facing stroller or being in a carrier facing forward, or even just being held that way.  They want to take the world in, and they're more likely to be bored and bitchy if they can't see what's going on around them.

I found this article and the accompanying slideshow thought-provoking, a little heartbreaking, a little disgusting, and interesting.  I've got very mixed feelings about the whole thing, some of which are just too big for me to form into words.

Apparently Tyra Banks felt the need to write a book.  I attempted to read the first chapter, but it's so awful that I didn't make it past the first few paragraphs.  Not even Twilight was this bad, and I thought the single chapter I read of the first Twilight novel was terrible.  (I only read it so I could tell people that I had in fact attempted to read it if they challenged my criticism of the book, because I thought the concept sounded stupid right from the beginning.)

I don't normally post stuff like this, because it's more mundane than some of the other stuff I post, but the fact that Rupert Grint basically impersonates Kenny when he goes out in public to avoid all the publicity and attempt to live a normal life amuses me greatly.  That and the fact that he is lovely, lovely eye candy.

I love this short little story about the antics that went on during the development of Windows 95.  It's really kind of cute.

I stumbled upon the story of a neglected little girl while reading Fark a few days ago, and did some further research on her to find the original article about her.  It's one of the most tragic, heartbreaking, and horrific cases of neglect I've ever seen.  My heart aches for this little girl, and I hope the new family she has are able to do right by her.

And last, a ridiculous person who hates cursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment