Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Sun is a Mass of Incandescent Gas...

Today has been a pretty good day so far, as days go.  Lots of silliness.

S let me sleep until 9:30, when she startled me awake (doubtfully on purpose) out of a really cool dream that I can only remember flashes of (nothing I can put into words), so we could go out to get breakfast and Starbucks.  Yum!  We got food for M and Girl Child, too, of course.

After we got back from that and had finished eating, we managed to all find clothes that are things we can wear in public, and S, Girl Child, Toddler, and I went to Wal-Mart to pick a few things up.  I got new pillows finally (I meant to get them in March, but I forgot), a new set of earbuds because the ones I’ve been using died, and those were secondhand from J because the ones before those died, and a new tank top that’s really bright.  It’s like a sunset in a shirt with flowers.  I’m just happy to have more tank tops.  I need to own about 20, because if it’s not below 50 degrees outside, I’m hot in a t-shirt.  Whee.  Anyway, S also bought a new pillow for J, and got Girl Child the same set of Sharpies that I have (fortunately we won’t have mix-ups about whose are whose, as mine live in the most awesome bag ever and Girl Child’s live in a little purse), and we got a few other things besides all that.  As we were leaving Wal-Mart, Girl Child and I started singing the only part of the They Might Be Giants song “Why Does The Sun Shine?” that we know very very loudly in the parking lot, while swinging the Toddler through the air.  Poor S.

After Wal-Mart, we went to Half-Price Books, where I talked to the manager about whether they were hiring and my job application I dropped off in March (this is the second time I’ve asked about it), and then S bought some books and got me a VHS copy of Beauty and the Beast.  So once I have a VCR, I’ll be able to watch it the way it was made originally, instead of with that stupid-ass Human Again song.  (I want The Lion King on VHS, too, but we’ve already got it and S doesn’t want a redundant copy floating around.)  I’m hoping I’ll be able to find a way to copy the VHS of Beauty and the Beast into a digital format so it’ll be easier to watch, I’ll have to do some research on that eventually.  After I get a job.  And a good computer.  Whee.

Anyway, Girl Child and I sang the They Might Be Giants song again in the parking lot of Half-Price Books and S was screaming behind us that she was going to kill us all.  I love living here.  It was a lot of fun.  We forgot to get some essentials that we meant to get, though - bread, milk, hot dogs for the Toddler, that kind of thing.  We’ll do it tomorrow, though, it’ll be okay.

Tonight, we’re going to be watching the extended version of Two Towers with M and will probably be up until 3 AM again.  That’ll be fantastic, last time was so fun, even though S fell asleep early on in the movie, she was still a part of it, since we were joking about her falling asleep.  (It was terribly cute, actually, especially when I covered her with a blanket when she was saying she was cold, even though she protested.)

I just had a fun conversation with M.  I think M is the shit.  I don’t think I get on his nerves nearly as much as I did last September, when I first met him for real.  (I met him when J and I were dating in 2009, but it was one time, and all we really said to each other was hi.)  I was in the basement getting some laundry sorted and waiting for M to get out of the shower so his water temperature didn’t fluctuate, and then I just didn’t come up until he was done doing his thing because we got to talking and I was helping him find his glasses, since he’s functionally blind without them.

I’m in such a good mood.  S and I drew on Girl Child’s arms, and they look really cool.  S did the better art and I did a bunch of really colorful doodles.

I’m just sitting here waiting until S and M get back with snacky fun good time food stuff, and then it’ll be time for our movie and fun-ness.  I’m going to get more water (it’s been ridiculously hot here lately, I’m so dehydrated) and chug, and then they’ll be back and it’s going to be a great evening.

Once again, I love being here and being a part of this life.  I love everyone.  I think I’ll go confuse Girl Child with some love now.  Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment