Monday, June 6, 2011

Ringtones and Other Drivel

So I didn’t post yesterday because it’s really irritating to type on this computer (that’s part of why I haven’t been posting as often), but I really did mean to!  Baby-sitting was excellent, TD was the most placid baby ever.  He didn’t cry when AD and MD said goodbye and left, he was totally cool about having his diaper changed, he was totally cool with laying down for a nap, he let me feed him without making a mess at all, he was perfectly content to sit in my lap and watch a documentary with me, and he was just generally the easiest baby to take care of ever.  The most difficult part of taking care of him was washing out his bottle, because it’s a Dr. Brown’s bottle, but even that was easy, as I’ve dealt with those before.  Also, it turns out that they only live about a mile away from me, so it’ll be really easy to baby-sit him in the future.

Seriously, that was the most awesome baby-sitting job I’ve ever had.

We ended up not being able to have game on Saturday night, because J never went to bed on Saturday as there was so much to do.  He mowed the lawn after S and the Toddler woke up, and then he just stayed up.  While I was baby-sitting, the entire clan was over at J's parents' house hanging out, and Girl Child picked out a cell phone she likes because she's being put on the plan this summer.  By the time I got home, J was having what was supposed to be a nap in the giant chair in the living room, but he wouldn't wake up.  We didn't get him conscious until after 9:00, and we were supposed to go to W and A's apartment for game this time, but by the time we got J up, the Toddler had had to go to bed because we just couldn't keep him up anymore, he was simply too tired.  So W and A came over to hang out (and LW too, of course), and we had some fun chatting with them.  W discovered this blog and realized I am not nearly as stupid as I come across.  (S says that I only seem stupid because I am perpetually happy in my demeanor and since I am also rather spastic and tend to forget words and replace them with 'thingy', people tend to think I am not nearly as smart as I am.)  Apparently I actually make sense when I write.

Yesterday was mostly spent listening to music with Girl Child and turning some songs into ringtones and making a bunch of wallpapers for my phone, too.  Here’s a list of (all) the songs I have turned into ringtones:

Psychostick - Do You Want a Taco? (custom ringtone for S when she calls me)
Jimmy Buffett - Cheeseburger in Paradise (currently the custom ringtone for J, but I may change it)
Cowboy Troy - I Play Chicken With a Train (Simlish) (because I find it hilarious)
Jonathan Coulton - Code Monkey (because it’s one of my favorite songs with vocals)
Jonathan Coulton - Chiron Beta Prime (this will be my main ringtone around Christmastime)
Jolly Rogers - All For Me Grog (I may change J’s ringtone to this)
Hakuna Matata (Girl Child’s custom ringtone)
Adele - Rolling in the Deep (I don’t actually like this, but it’s H’s custom ringtone because she likes it)
They Might Be Giants - Why Does The Sun Shine? (another one that I have because it’s really awesome)
Hedwig’s Theme from the first Harry Potter movie (because I’m a nerd)
Canon Rock, arranged by GTRMAN (ringtone for the house phone)
Backstreet Boys - As Long As You Love Me (ringtone for E)
Final Fantasy X Victory Fanfare (my text message tone)

And that’s all I have so far, though I think I might make Still Alive a ringtone as well, just because I may as well round out the dorkyness.  I also made Re: Your Brains into a ringtone, but I had to lower the bitrate so much to make my phone like it that it ended up sounding like poop, so I deleted it off my phone and will have to try again later.

Last night, I told M that I really wanted my favorite song by him as a ringtone, but wasn’t sure what part I would use because I love the whole thing so much (I love it so much it sometimes nearly makes me cry), and he asked me to play the part of it that I loved the most, and about ten minutes later, he sent me a file transfer on MSN.  With the most beautiful part of the song turned into a ringtone.  He even gave it a fade-out at the end.  He is so awesome.  He made me want to cry.

Today we have a few errands to run, mostly along the lines of groceries and a library trip.  I haven’t done any work on my afghan since Sunday morning, so I’m hoping I’ll be able to get some done today, though with as tired as I’m feeling right now, I’m rather doubtful that that will happen.

I exercised some of my creativity last night and created a rather strange picture with my Sharpies (I have a very large set of Sharpies) on some of the drawing paper Mom got me for my birthday.  S said it reminds her of the ocean.  I’ll try to scan it later so I can put it on DeviantArt and I’ll post a little copy here (or a link to my DA page), and if that doesn’t work, I’ll just take a picture of it.

My earbuds are officially broken - they have to be held at a certain angle for the left one to make any noise at all, so at the moment, my ashtray is holding the cord in place where it’s plugged into my computer so I can hear my music without wanting to scream.

I checked out a buttload of crocheting books from the library awhile ago, and almost all of them are rubbish, of course.  I’ll be taking them back today, once S is awake enough that she’s willing to go.  I’ve got more waiting to be picked up, oh boy!  I’ve managed to renew the books I have out for S a second time, so I don’t have to worry about fines on them, and hopefully I’ll be able to renew them a few more times since she’s still on the first one.

I think I must be being particularly annoying lately or something, because it feels like everyone is being really cranky and impatient with me.  Perhaps I should be less talkative or something, I don’t know.

The laundry still isn’t folded.  I don’t want to do it because I want to get the rest of the dirty clothes washed, but I think I’m going to do that today or tomorrow.  I’m sick of the clean clothes being knocked onto the floor anytime anyone but me or S goes through them, and I’d really like to know what clothes we actually have clean at the moment, because we are all convinced that none of us have anything clean, but we must, because there’s about 10 loads sitting in the living room that say otherwise.  Ha.

The Toddler has completely covered his face in a thin layer of applesauce.  I’m very amused.

I just discovered another song of M’s that makes me want to cry.

I don’t have anything else to say, really.  I hope today turns out to be a good day, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment