Saturday, June 4, 2011

Afghans, Baby-Sitting, and Friends

I really need to get better about posting regularly again.  Most of my time lately has been spent working on my afghan.  I’ll post a picture at the end, after I take one and get J to help me get it onto my computer.  (My computer won’t recognize my camera, but if I plug it into his USB hub, I can transfer pictures from my camera to my computer via the home network.  I’m not even kidding, that’s how I have to do it.)  Though he’s just gone outside to mow the lawn, so I’ll just do it myself, haha.

I ended up staying up all night, until after 11:00 on Thursday morning, due to some sleeping complications.  I managed to get about 3 hours of sleep before I was awoken, and then I went out with E.

Hanging out with E was fantastic.  We had a blast.  We went to Waxy O’Shea’s, talked about her marriage (she finally called a lawyer and is starting the divorce proceedings soon), then came back home and played around in the driveway for awhile.  I got a hilarious video of her freaking out over mosquitoes, and we took a bunch of pictures.  We also ran around with her crazy little dog for awhile.  He’s so tiny.  I’m so used to Shadow and Sunshine that Buddy seems abnormally small and delicate; I’m afraid to pet him like I would normally pet a dog, and end up treating him more like a cat.

Nothing special happened on Friday, except that I got a text message from someone I’m friends with on Facebook asking if I’d baby-sit her adorable baby for a few hours today, so I’ll be going off to do that for four hours and then going to game and W and A’s apartment.  I’m going to have to completely repack a purse with everything I’ll need for game just in case I wind up going straight from baby-sitting to game.  I’m pretty stoked about baby-sitting, though, this particular baby is 11 months old, and it’s been forever since I played with anyone under 1 year.  I’m looking forward to placid baby-ness and a lack of toddler-style behavior.  As much as I love the Toddler, he does make me want to tear my hair out sometimes.

Speaking of the Toddler, he stayed up almost all night because he does not like it when the bedroom door lets light in, so he woke up at about 1:30 when S tried to go to bed, and stayed up until about 6:30, when J managed to get him back to bed, and then he woke up at almost 10:00.  Woo-hoo for broken sleep!

We’ve got D&D tonight, as previously stated, and we’re going to try to do it at W and A’s apartment, which should be interesting, since I’m not entirely sure the Toddler will cooperate and sleep.  Should be interesting to try, though.

Anyway, here’s a picture of what I have completed of the afghan so far:

These are the top two rows of squares.  I have five more rows to go, then a border to get it even all the way around, and then an edging to make it pretty!

And that, as they say, is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment