Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hulk Lady, the Ring of Power, and Yarn

S is kind of like the Hulk, but without the radiation.  If we did not have her, Girl Child and I would never be able to eat anything that is kept in a jar ever again, unless J was available to open it.  This is because J has some sort of weird thing about having to close jars as tightly as possible so everything stays fresh.

Girl Child just brought me a jar of hot fudge and asked me to try to open it for her because she couldn’t get it.  She and I have about the same level of strength, so that was a fail.  I apparently turned purple and looked quite funny, because she laughed at me.  Then she took it to S, who exerted absolutely no effort and opened it immediately.  I imagine if S did not have so many physical problems, she could pick me up and toss me around like a rag doll.  Then there's W, who could easily throw me around like a rag doll.  He's a little scary, actually.

Anyway, things have been pretty standard around here.  The car turned out to be fine - the starter wasn’t the problem, but rather the battery, which died.  The shop told S that they weren’t going to charge her anything for looking at it - they said it needs new brake pads and a new battery, and they weren’t going to charge her for telling her this, so she got an oil change, which made the car run beautifully, and she changed the battery herself, and they’re getting new brake pads next week and changing those themselves, I believe.  So yay, it wasn’t something that was going to be horrible to attempt to fix.

S wants to quit smoking, and I think I’m going to attempt to quit with her this time, as long as J doesn’t smoke in the house anymore.  My willpower is just about as good as S’s, so I do hope he’s willing to do it outside until he quits.

I miss wearing my filigree ring and having a ring on my left hand.  My filigree ring broke awhile ago, and I can’t exactly wear my engagement ring, since, y’know, I’m not engaged anymore.  I’ve switched to my high school class ring for my right hand and my green onyx claddagh for my left, but it’s not really the same.

Yeah, I’m not terribly exciting today.  I’m exhausted, actually.  I’m not sure why I’m so tired, because I got a decent amount of sleep last night, but I think I’m going to have to nap before tonight.  Tonight we’re supposed to start watching Return of the King with M, and I don’t want to fall asleep during it, since I love the Lord of the Rings movies.  I can’t wait for The Hobbit to come out.

S and I have made plans to go see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in the theater soon, once the initial excitement is over, because I generally dislike other people's children and do not want to sit through two hours of attempting to hear a movie I've been excited about seeing since 2007.  We're also waiting because it'll be less annoying to go once it's less crowded and not sold out.  M was going to take Girl Child to the midnight showing, but they were sold out by last week, and the movie doesn't even come out in theaters until July 15th, so it's probably going to be a little bit before we get to go at all.

This weekend we're planning on having a massive water gun fight.  Can't wait.  We should have gotten water balloons.  I thought of that last night.

I’ve been doing some work on my afghan, making more squares since I haven’t finished making all of them, and I’ve been watching stuff on my computer while I’ve been doing this.  Last night it was Fifteen and Pregnant, which is a Lifetime movie I saw in 1998 that has Kirsten Dunst in it.  Parts of it were as predictably bad as a Lifetime movie gets, and other parts were almost good.  Today, I have been watching Firefly.

Sunshine seems to be doing a lot better, she's much less fearful today.  She chased the laser through the living room last night (we had to get Shadow outside for her to do it at all), and today I caught her trying to chase her tail, so hopefully she'll be back to her old self soon.

Anyway, a napping opportunity has presented itself, so off I go.  Particularly since I'm incredibly dizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment