Friday, July 22, 2011

Quick Update

Yes, I am alive!

Life's been.. you know, life. I haven't updated in ages, I know. I haven't felt like it. I discovered that this computer will (barely) run The Sims 2, so I've been playing that pretty obsessively, as I do. I've also almost finished catching up on the laundry, but have slowed down significantly due to the heat wave - poor M sleeps in the basement, which is an oven, and I don't want to fry him to death any more than he has to be.

I'm still unemployed. I recently applied at Old Navy when a position opened up, but I never got a response, so they probably hired someone with a better employment history. I'm getting my learner's permit on Monday or Tuesday, though, so I'll be driving again soon, and will hopefully have my license by the end of October. Yee-haw.

Honestly, it's been pretty boring here lately. Even the insane stuff is sort of boring when you factor in the fact that it happens every day.

I am going to try to start blogging more regularly, though. I was doing so well for awhile, too. I have a nice little rant I wrote about abortions and sexual education after the whole thing with the legislature in Kansas screwing with Planned Parenthood, and I may eventually get off my ass and refine that so it's postable. Maybe.

I've got a Google+ account now, which is pretty cool, since I'm really angry with Facebook after they started forcing chat on me, like I'd want to use that shit. There was a reason I was permanently offline and kept it hidden, and I don't appreciate them deciding to sign me in or force it to be visible to me. I'm hoping that it'll be pretty difficult to connect my blog to my G+ account, though, since I like to keep my private life separate from my work life and all that.

I think I'm going to start baby-sitting LW sometimes here soon, which should be interesting.  I'm not sure how we'll get him down for naps or anything, but he's a cutie, so I'm totally cool with baby-sitting and making a little pocket money.  Woo.

Anyway, I have nothing further to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment