Friday, July 29, 2011

My Very First Link Round-Up!

This is like a milestone!  Or a day when I should get an award!  I'm starting the foray into semi-mainstream blogging.  I think.  Maybe.  Anyway.

I'm finding more and more that I have a lot of links I want to share with people, and I generally don't post them on social networks because I expect most people not to be terribly interested in what I post on Facebook.

Here, though, it's a bit different. This is my blog, so if you're here reading this, you've either got an interest in me personally or find me interesting (*dies laughing*), or you reached me while using Google to find something else (which has happened a few times now).

I digress. I'm going to start posting links, possibly daily, possibly a few times a week or once a week. I don't know. I'll start writing some form of title on them once I have some idea of how often it is going to occur.

Also, after this one, there will not be nearly as much pointless explanation before the good stuff.

Link Round-Up

Alec Baldwin wrote a piece for the Huffington Post about the national debt and all the problems with the debt ceiling and the defecit that I found interesting and accurate. I think I agree with him.

A really dumb man from New Jersey didn't bother to turn off the water for his automatic sprinkler system when winter came, and then was astonished to find that he would have to pay the water bill after the pipe froze and burst.

The school board of a small town near Springfield, Missouri has unanimously voted to ban Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five from the shelves of the schools because it is "biblically contrary". The complaint that brought the issue before the board came from a man whose children are homeschooled. Goddammit.

This article from Mother Jones started the abortion rights rant I was writing, which morphed into the sex education rant in my last post.

GraphJam very accurately portrays what household objects look like to a toddler.

The Bloggess made me want a giant metal chicken sculpture.  Which I already posted about, but I forgot, so here's a link to the specific post.

And more No 'Poo articles, all of which are at least a year old:
NPR
MSNBC
A woman's personal experience with going No 'Poo.

So far, most of the articles I've found that talk about it negatively are people who haven't done their research and are horrified by how their hair will feel if they don't shampoo daily, not realizing that it eventually balances out and turns out fine for most people, from everything I've read so far.

I don't really have anything else of import to add except that I actually cooked for once last night and it turned out fabulously.  I'll post a real post about it tomorrow, since I'm making it again when I feel less like a murdered migrane.  For now, it's time to start getting ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment