Sunday, October 23, 2011

Update Fail

Okay, so I've been really busy lately.  I don't even want to touch this right now - in fact, I'm about to go to bed.  Here's a quick bullet-point update, which I may or may not fill out sometime over the next couple of days.

  • I quit my job at the dry cleaner after four days because there were roaches around the clothes, the owner was dicking me around with getting my I-9 and W-4 filled out, and it was just generally horrible.
  • The owner of the dry cleaner tried to refuse to pay me.
  • Three days later, I got hired on the spot at a data collection place at my local mall, and I'm now a recruiter for bringing in people to do surveys.
  • Life has been okay, except maybe a little sleep-deprived.
  • I went swimming last night.
  • I recently read Under the Dome by Stephen King and it was fantastic.
  • We did an iPod switch again in the house not too long ago - I don't remember if I mentioned it or not, because I acquired this iPod when I was still posting regularly.  I have J's old Classic, Girl Child has my purple Nano (and my old pink Nano), J has S's old black Nano, and S has a Touch that she won in a drawing from her bank.
  • With the Classic, I have enough room to finally get all my music on it at the same time, and I can even put movies on it.  I have Tangled on it, which is probably my favorite animated movie of all time, even better than Toy Story.
  • It took 3 days to convert the Tangled file to iPod format.  I was sure my poor computer would explode.  It is inexplicably awesome to be able to watch a movie on an iPod.  No one else gets it, except Girl Child.
  • Girl Child's birthday is on Thursday, and I have no idea what to get her.  So is the Toddler's, but he's easy.
  • Christmas is coming, and I'm already panicking about present shopping.  Whee!
I may post at some point to give better details about work, once I get around to assigning pseudonyms for all the people I work with, because there's a buttload.  Woo!

There, I updated, is everyone happy now?

No comments:

Post a Comment